The Brow Effect
Eyebrow & Eyeliner Microblading
Please follow these instructions for 14 days after the procedure to improve and prolong the results of your microblading. If you don’t follow these instructions, it can greatly affect your microblading results or put you at risk for infection or scarring or loss of pigmentation.
Aftercare is 50% of the final result!
- Brows will weep a clear fluid after cosmetic tattooing procedure. To avoid this fluid from setting and forming a scab, brows need to be wiped over with clean damp cotton pads every 10 minutes for the first hour.
- For the first hour, every 10 minutes using a clean cotton bud, apply aftercare cream thinly across both brows. Ensure that different cotton buds are used each time. Before going to bed apply a generous layer of aftercare cream to the brow area.
- The day after the procedure, apply a thin layer of aftercare cream at least 5 times a day.
- Avoid washing the area or very hot showers (due to steam) in the first 24 hours.
- Avoid any exfoliants during the healing process (14 days).
- Avoid swimming pools, the beach, tanning treatments, salt water, steam rooms and saunas during the healing process (14 days).
- Eyebrow microblading -Do not receive eyebrow waxing, eyebrow tinting, electrolysis or laser hair removal during the healing process (14 days).
- Eyeliner Microblading -Do not receive eyelash tinting, lash lifting or lash extensions during the healing process (14 days).
- Apply aftercare products recommended by The Brow Effect.
- No exercise for 7 days. After 7 days – when exercising, wear a sweatband to avoid sweat on eye area.
- Do not expose treated area to direct sunlight. After healed (30 days), use a sunscreen to avoid fading from the sun.
- No makeup should be applied directly on the eyelids during the healing process (eyeliner microblading). After the eyelids have healed (7 days)
- If your eyelids or eyebrows get wet during the healing process, pat them dry with a towel, DO NOT RUB.
- Avoid using daily skincare products directly on the eyelids or eyebrows.
- If you are planning a chemical peel, or any other medical procedure, please inform therapist of the procedure you have had. Procedure should only be done once the healing process is complete.
- If you are due to give blood after the procedure, please inform your nurse about the microblading treatment you have had as this might alter the results.
- Area must be kept moist for successful healing and to avoid scabbing.
Lash Lift & Tinting
- Immediately following a lash lift, for a minimum of 24 hours, please avoid heat, steam (including cooking over steaming stovetop), saunas.
- Avoid water, oils, lotions, creams, shampoos, face washes, makeup remover wipes or pads on lashes.
- Only approved product to put on immediately after a lift may be applied by your therapist.
- Because your lashes are still malleable (shape-shifting), a side sleeper or face sleeper may notice that one or both eyes may raise or drop, leaving the lashes misshaped. Sleeping on your back is best.
- Avoid direct sunlight right after your treatment, as this can weaken the lift lotion and fade the tint.
- Avoid face washes and oil-based beauty products as this can also cause lashes to drop prematurely.
- Book your next eyelash lift & tint treatment again around 6-8 weeks. (results will vary along with the longevity of the lift and tint depending on your individual lash cycle and aftercare)
- Keep your eyebrows dry and product-free for 24 hours to create the best stain.
- When cleansing your face, wipe around the eyebrows to get the longest lasting skin stain.
- When swimming, apply a little oil or barrier cream to your brows to stop the chlorine and salt from prematurely lightening your eyebrows.
- Avoid scrubbing your eyebrows with exfoliants.
- Avoid applying any resurfacing serums over your eyebrows.
- Avoid exposure to sun/UV lights for long periods as this can cause the tint to fade quicker.